Double Master Degree Programme with Peking University
About the Double Degree Programme
Eligibility for admission
A student will be able to complete two master degrees in two jurisdictions in 2 to 3 years, depending on the study mode of the student. Students have to complete their first year of study in Beijing at the Peking University as a full-time student; and then complete their second year (or after) study at The University of Hong Kong as well as fulfilling the requirement of dissertation and oral examination held at Peking University.
To be eligible for admission, a candidate shall
- a) be a local Hong Kong student (Applicants from China should approach PKU regarding this arrangement), and
- b) hold a permanent Hong Kong Identity Card and Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents (港澳居民來往內地通行證), and
- c) hold a degree of Bachelor of Laws with at least second class honours or an equivalent qualification, and
- d) be admitted to one of the LLM programmes of the HKU Faculty of Law in the September 2019 intake, and
- e) comply with the General Regulations of The University of Hong Kong and the Peking University.
The medium of instruction and examination in PKU is Chinese (Putonghua and simplified Chinese).
The medium of instruction and examination in HKU is English, applicants who do not have a bachelor’s degree with English as the medium of instruction are required to satisfy the English language proficiency on the basis of one of the following recognized English tests:
(i) TOEFL: A score of 593 or above (paper-based test) or 97 or above (internet-based test); or
(ii) IELTS: An overall band score of 7.0 or above with no subtest below 6.5.
Up to 3 students in the 2019-2020 academic year.
Please send email to email@example.com for more information.
Applicants who are interested in applying for the Double Degree Programme must follow the instructions below:
1) Submit an online application for the LLM programme offered by the Faculty of Law of the University of Hong Kong by 28 February 2019.
2) Send all supporting documents to the Faculty of Law of the University of Hong Kong in hard copies and by post.
3) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Application for PKU Double Degree Programme). In the email body, applicant should also provide full name, name of LLM programme(s) applied, and application number(s) with a cover letter for the application for the Double Degree Programme with Peking University.
Copyright © 2018 Master of Laws Programmes (LLM & MCL), Faculty of Law, The University of Hong Kong. All Rights Reserved.